Friday, August 28, 2015

Kitties I have known - 1, Chee

16 x 20 Acrylic on stretched canvas

Chee was born a dumpster diver, a homeless kitten in what must have been a very bad place. He still wears some of the scars. A golden tabby, probably one of the most common types of cats in the world, he has developed his own special identity. He's a true teddy bear. There must have been one person who was kind to him, he is afraid but still likes to be with people. Obviously raised by dogs, he even follows me around like a puppy, comes when I call him and begs for attention. He's 25 pounds, all squishy and fat, not at all athletic like his brother. He's nothing like the lean, mean, Siamese cats I've always loved, but he's my favorite of them all. He's soft and lumpy and ill-defined and ordinary but sweet and gentle and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment