Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Kitties I have known 3 - LiPo

16 x 20 Acrylic on stretched canvas

 LiPo is Chee's brother, but where Chee learned early that sometimes people fed you and sometimes they were nice to you, LiPo knows full well that nice people are few and far between. He's lived with us for eight years but I don't think I've ever seen him fully relaxed, ever seen him at ease. He's slowly getting less skittish around us, actually letting me do things to him like clip his claws or clean something out of the corner of his eye. He's actually affectionate to Rich, asking for tummy rubs and purring. But we know better than to push it. He's tolerating us and that toleration is going to go only so far. He is 25 pounds also, but unlike Chee, that's 25 pounds of pure muscle, claws and teeth. I do not want to be the one who crosses him! This is his den, behind the boxes in the closet. He comes out once in a while and gives us a glimpse of him. I love him dearly but I don't think I'll ever know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment